With a subtle colour scheme, replete with heating and air conditioning, dimmable lighting and classic black chair covers, the recently renovated Adele Southwick Centre (ASC) in the Samuel Meyers Hall (SMH) is the perfect setting for your simchah, concert, dinner or community function.
The ASC comes with a commercial grade, Kosher Australia certified, meat kitchen, for your use. This large hall can comfortably seat 200 for dinner or 400 theatre style for your concert, movie night or sports presentation.
Covering a generous 222 m², it can also extend further with an additional 65 m² annexe and boasts a 33 m² multipurpose, elevated stage. The hall is a cost effective solution for your event. Ask us about our generously reduced rates for community functions.
Audio-visual equipment: The ASC has an in-house microphone system that uses any one of the three installed female XLR 3-pin sockets around the hall. The Shule has multiple corded microphones, a microphone stand and a professional lectern. An additional portable Fender Passport P-250 sound system exists, if required. The Shule also has NEC V260XG data projector which can be screened either onto a white board or onto the white screen at the rear of the stage, for large, movie-style projections.
Layouts: The hall is a multi-purpose hall. For some ideas of a layout, check out the following:
- Blank layout
- 4-table with buffet kiddush
- 4-table with buffet kiddush (small area)
- 6-table with buffet kiddush
- 6-table brit with breakfast buffet
- 8-table with buffet kiddush
- 8-table with buffet kiddush style 2
- 8-table with buffet and mechitzah
- 11-table with buffet kiddush
- 11-table with buffet kiddush style 2
- 11-table Trivia Night with mechitzah
- 12-table with buffet kiddush
- 12-table with buffet kiddush style 2
- 13-table with buffet
- 13-table with buffet style 2
- 14-table with buffet
- 20 table dinner
- 20-table, 6 supper tables, mechitzah and dance floor
- 22-table dinner
- 60 male, 15 female with mechitzah
- Conference with break-out sessions
- Conference with break-out sessions style 2
- Market stalls
- Meeting & 9 table dinner
- Open space buffet with chairs around the side
- Shule and kiddush
Security: In line with procedures at most Jewish schools and synagogues, access to the premises are normally controlled via CCTV and a gate access. During venue hire, the responsibility for access becomes the responsibility of the Hirer. A security guard MUST be placed on the gate at all times when the venue is open to your guests. Unless otherwise agreed, we will hire a security guard for you, at your expense.
Parking: Restrictions apply in many areas around the Shule precinct. On the Shule-side of Charnwood Cres, 2-hour restrictions apply Mon-Sat 8.00am-6.00pm and Charnwood Gr, 4-hour restrictions apply Mon-Sat 8.00am-6.00pm. Other than permit only zones on the other side of the street, most areas, including Dandenong Rd, have no restrictions between 6.00pm and 8.00am. You must make all reasonable efforts to ensure that patrons attending your event comply with parking restrictions in the area. See the parking map here.
Gallery: Click here for photos.
Download a venue booking form here.